Is it worth it?
If you had the opportunity to put aside the tasks related to the operation of your company and could focus entirely on the core production processes, what do you think your growth would be like?
Pretty big, right?
Many companies today have made the exercise of visualizing their companies and seeing the probabilities of success. They have made a super important decision: outsource companies to take care of some secular but necessary areas for the operation.
These areas to outsource are generally human resources, customer service, legal matters. By handing over these responsibilities to third parties, companies can focus on creating ideas and developing projects. Still, there are several very attractive benefits, which I want to present to you below.
ADVANTAGES OF SUBCONTRACTING COMPANIES FOR BUSINESS PROCESSES
- Being able to focus on optimization and development of key functions: Administrative functions often cause exhaustion of ideas. Payroll, for example, absorbs time and energy. If we delegate these functions to third parties, we can spend time analyzing processes to increase competitiveness.
- Cost reduction: Outsourcing reduces investment costs in the physical structure, staff training. When looking for a third company, those that fulfill the functions remotely and help you reduce expenses are usually located.
- Improve the efficiency of processes: It is not the same to manage and lead 5 departments as to do it with one or two. By reducing the burden of responsibilities, we increase efficiency.
WHAT ARE THE SUBCONTRACTING OF THE MOST COMMON BUSINESS PROCESSES?
It is common to find companies that outsource their business processes with a simple objective, to minimize responsibilities to concentrate efforts. That is the priority, although as we saw in the previous section, there are a number of advantages in this regard. But, what are those processes that are usually outsourced?
- Knowledge processes (KPO): is related to research, analysis, or jobs that require the use of tools such as data management, tools such as Excel and Word, and processes that require information search.
- ITES business processes are related to the operations performed by production support analysts, service desk analysts, and information technology analysts.
- Research processes (RPO): market research, marketing, strategy trends, how the competition behaves, biotechnology are some of the functions that research process companies supply.
- Legal processes: contracts, patents, legal agreements, among others.
- Accounting processes: it is prevalent for companies to subcontract a company to take care of accounting
SUBCONTRACTING ALSO HAS ITS DISADVANTAGES
Despite everything we have seen in the previous sections, it is also important to evaluate who to outsource because of the latent risk of handing over confidential information to third parties. There is always the possibility that the company we work with breaks the relationship for some reason, generating weakness.
To avoid this, it is advisable to carefully evaluate the reputation of the company to be outsourced, among other things.