To establish a relationship, we must know in general terms what their interests, tastes, and needs are.
Why? Because we all need to have a reason to start a conversation.
If you talk to someone about soccer and it turns out that it is not a pleasant sport for you, you will never have the interest you expect from that person. And this applies to everything, including sales.
As you inquire about the customer, your chances of getting that sale, you want so much growth. Knowing where your potential clients work, what they do, and their position they occupy is so vital that success or not in recruitment may depend on it.
Modern B2B customers have a general profile, which would be great for you to know. The best tool you have as a seller is information; therefore, making a plan to attract B2B customers that includes researching company information is something you can do yourself.
Try to do it, then take the common traits you find and analyze what they mean to you and how you can use them.
5 CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CONTEMPORARY B2B BUYER THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW AS A SELLER
1. They do their research: In this digital age, B2B customers also sit down to see the best options they can find in the digital market. The results of a survey conducted by Accenture showed that 94% of B2B buyers conduct research online at least once a day during the buying process. What can you do about this? Be empathetic, ask him if he has doubts about the things he has investigated and how you can help him. Do not dismiss their research for anything.
2. They have a more significant skeptical attitude: they want to be more and more independent in their purchasing decisions, they do not want someone to guide them and pressure them to buy. Therefore, the best thing you can do is try to help them and advise them with their requirements instead of directly making the sale.
3. They prefer to be patient when it comes to purchases: sales time is not like before, now it takes time and research. To overcome this trend, try always to maintain contact and the information’s nutrition to perceive you throughout the purchase decision process.
4. They are subject to influence: It has become crucial for B2B customers to know and follow their colleagues’ recommendations. Kind of like, if everyone buys here, I will too. For this reason, try to position yourself on social networks and platforms. As you have greater acceptance, you will surely grow in sales.
5. Starved for content: As shoppers move through the buying process, they want to know more and more to make the right decision. So, take care of giving it to him, how? Using digital platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram, create dynamic content that provides the information they need.
B2B buyers are not an easy target, but they do have excellent potential. Now that you know their general characteristics, you must research your sales’ critical success points.