SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING VS. DIGITAL MARKETING
Is social media marketing the same as doing digital marketing? Can someone who makes social media marketing claim to be a digital marketing strategist? Are you clear about what they are and what their functions are?
For B2B and B2C, it is essential to know the objectives pursued by each one so as not to overlap the functionalities of the other, nor to hire staff expecting different results from those that will be obtained.
It is essential first to understand that both are closely related, but they are not the same one that plays a different role in digital platforms.
We invite you to know the products separately to define their differences later. Understanding these processes will lead us to make more proactive strategic decisions.
WHAT IS SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING AND DIGITAL MARKETING?
Social media marketing carries out advertising, and concentrated work on different social networks like Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and those new videos and audio, social networks such as Clubhouse have much more strength. Social networks allow interaction between people, the expression of comments, and the exchange of materials. It is vital because it will enable the consolidation of relationships with customers, employees, and partners.
The most outstanding actions and objectives in the field of social media marketing are:
- Publication of articles with the content of interest.
- Facebook page optimization.
- Direct participation in discussion forums.
- Share content in real-time.
- Advertise sponsored.
The direct interaction that allows promoting social networks makes it possible to integrate data, promote electronic commerce, make agreements, impart knowledge, brand positioning, and, most importantly, direct communication in real-time. In addition, they provide statistical data that influences decision-making. Social media is a powerful marketing tool.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING AND DIGITAL MARKETING
Although there are several differences, we will present you with three basic ones with which you will quickly learn to distinguish the functions of each one.
- Social media is a subset of digital marketing. But digital marketing encompasses general aspects such as the evolution of advertising resources and practices.
- Digital marketing focuses on making a presence on different platforms and can only do so with a poster or banner ad. Social media marketing must vary in content and challenge the creativity of creating audiovisual and written material.
- Social media marketing seeks to generate close interactions and relationships with partners and customers
RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING AND DIGITAL MARKETING
These two types of marketing are closely related to each other because social media marketing is part of digital marketing.
So which of these two should you apply your focus and effort?
It will depend on the business vision that you have. However, experience tells us that having a presence on the internet always gives good results and, without it, most businesses simply cannot compete.